The main ability of a tester is to have no fear for discuss requirements and asking for
- whole picture first,
The main behaviour of a tester is do not rush with any conclusions about software and to always start with
- Stop! Explain this software, even if it looks understandable. What are the purposes of this software? Why this functionality is needed? How it should work?
- Stop! I need a time for think (analyze this).
- Stop! What are the final expectations?
The basic skill of a tester is to imagine (and to write them as scenarios) a chain of situations
- where the software is intended to work ‘as expected’ (correct user login),
- those that may happen, and should be tolerated by software (wrong user login),
- those that should not be tolerated, even if they are possible (wrong data encoding).